Details SG:A seizoen 4 (spoilers)

Stargate SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis & Stargate Universe

Moderator: Vis

CmdrCrichton
Captain
Captain

Details SG:A seizoen 4 (spoilers)

Bericht door CmdrCrichton »

En de eerste details over seizoen 4 komen ook weer binnen.
Gateworld schreef:The season finale 'First Strike' will spin Atlantis in a new direction, actor Joe Flanigan says. In a new interview with Starburst magazine (#346, January 2007), Flanigan hinted at what is to come.

Watch out for minor spoilers below.

"I don't want to give anything away, but what I think is the most brilliant thing we've done on Atlantis during the past three years will happen at the end of this episode," Flanigan said. "Basically, it will be like a 'soft' reset on a ton of issues."

In the episode, Earth detects that the Replicators of the Pegasus Galaxy are building a fleet of ships, and launches a preemptive attack against them.

"It's so tough to talk about it without going into specifics, but essentially it opens up so may other avenues in terms of storytelling. The writers have found a clever way to take Atlantis down an entirely new creative path as well as bring a fresh tone to the programme, while at the same time keeping true to the classic elements already established.

"How's that for being totally ambiguous?" the actor laughed. "Let's just say that it sparks off a big adventure. It's all under the guise of what's happened before, which is Atlantis is being attacked, but in fact that will prove not to be the essence of this story."

"First Strike" airs this spring on the SCI FI Channel in the U.S. The third season of Stargate Atlantis returns in April with 10 new episodes!
Gateworld schreef:Torri Higginson ("Elizabeth Weir") will no longer be a main cast member in the fourth season of Stargate Atlantis, executive producer Brad Wright revealed in a new video interview now online at StargateSG1.com, MGM's official site for the series.

"Torri Higginson is coming back for some period of time," Wright said. "She's going to be a recurring character."

The news follows on recent reports that cast member Paul McGillion ("Carson Beckett") will be departing the series late in the current season (story).

Just how many episodes "recurring" means is also unknown. After the first season of Atlantis, co-star Rainbow Sun Francks ("Aiden Ford") was reduced to recurring status apparently as a means of removing him from the show. He appeared in four episodes the next season, and his character has not been heard from since.

On the other hand, Weir could remain in charge of Atlantis despite the status change, but simply not appear in as many episodes. In the history of Stargate, such actors as McGillion (in the show's first season), David Nykl ("Radek Zelenka"), and SG-1's Teryl Rothery ("Janet Fraiser") have appeared in more than half of a season with "recurring" status.

Stick with GateWorld for future developments. Season Four of Stargate Atlantis will start filming in February and is expected to premiere next summer on the SCI FI Channel in the United States.
Gateworld schreef:Amanda Tapping will appear in 14 episodes of Stargate Atlantis when she joins the cast in Season Four, executive producers Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper said in new interviews at StargateSG1.com, MGM's official site. Tapping has played the role of Samantha Carter on Stargate SG-1 for the past 10 years.

"Amanda Tapping is coming to join the Atlantis team," Wright said. "She'll be coming in her own spaceship and joining the crew in Atlantis. And we're delighted by that."

Wright said that the producers have been considering bringing Colonel Carter to Atlantis for some time now, but were hindered by SG-1's continued renewal. The two series were initially only expected to run simultaneously for one year.

"It's something that we've been thinking about for a long time, but SG-1 just kept going!" Wright said. "And she's a good fit for Atlantis. ... She's going to be a welcome addition."

Though Cooper recognizes that some fans are concerned about the move -- injecting an established show that is loved by fans with a character from its cancelled predecessor -- he believes that Tapping and the character she plays will convince them when Season Four premieres later this year. "It's such a likeable character, [and] she's such a good actress, I don't think anyone will have a problem with it once they see it," he said.

Whether or not the addition of Tapping to the cast of Stargate Atlantis will be permanent remains to be seen, of course. Tapping signed a two-year deal with the franchise last year, anticipating that Stargate SG-1 would be renewed for an eleventh season.

"I am contractually obligated to the franchise for another year when I signed that contract at the beginning of Season Ten," Tapping recently told GateWorld. "I knew it was a possibility that if SG-1 went down that I might be doing some Atlantis. And they exercised their option, which is fine. I think there's a potential for a lot of fun."

Sam visits the city of Atlantis in the SG-1 episode "The Pegasus Project."
The fourth season of Atlantis has the show's writers excited -- and working hard in the off-season.

"I'm very excited about it," Cooper said. "I think there are some very interesting developments in the storyline. ... We're finally at the point where there are a lot of interesting touchstones to hit on. ... Now there's a lot of interesting doors to choose from. There's the Genii and the Wraith, and the human-form Replicators. I think what Joe [Mallozzi] and Paul [Mullie] are doing is they're [also] continuing to open new doors."

While Cooper and Wright devote most of their energies to the two SG-1 movies this year, SG-1 and Atlantis executive producers Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie will step up as show-runners for Atlantis.

"They're going to be the go-to guys for Stargate Atlantis," Wright said. But he added that he and Cooper will continue to play a role as producers of the TV series. "It's their turn to have a shot at running the show and having the final say. Robert and I are going to go off and do a couple of movies. ... Robert and I, we're very much a part of breaking the first stories for this year, and we'll be a part next year. ... Paul and Joe are my guys, and I'm going to support them in any way I can."

Season Four of Stargate Atlantis goes before cameras next month, and is expected to premiere on SCI FI Channel in the U.S. this summer.
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Bericht door Tactical_Cube »

bah :-(
dan gaan we straks nog meer shepperd en rodney zien cker

volgens mij gaat dit niet helemaal de goede kant op, dan ga je straks zien dat carter weir gaat vervangen en dat het nog meer sg1 wordt...
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

waarom reageerd niemand hier?

had verwacht veel te horen over het feit dat weir weg gaat, vinden jullie toch leuk? :P
CmdrCrichton
Captain
Captain

Ja, waardeloos actrice. :{
captain crash
Administrator
Administrator
Contacteer:

Bericht door captain crash »

Dat ze weggaat kan me eerlijk gezegd niet schelen. Je andere argument kan me wel schelen. Ik snap ook niet dat ze SG1 opdoeken en vervolgens SGA ombouwen tot SG1. Ben ik ook niet echt een groot voorstander van maar 't zat er wel in. Eigenlijk al na het moment waarop er weer contact was met aarde.
Lisanne
Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class
Contacteer:

Bericht door Lisanne »

wel dom wat ze doen, ik vind weir goed, en carter derbij halen, hoe durven ze, rod is dan de hele tijd rood :-(
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

captain crash schreef:Dat ze weggaat kan me eerlijk gezegd niet schelen. Je andere argument kan me wel schelen. Ik snap ook niet dat ze SG1 opdoeken en vervolgens SGA ombouwen tot SG1. Ben ik ook niet echt een groot voorstander van maar 't zat er wel in. Eigenlijk al na het moment waarop er weer contact was met aarde.
ik vond Weir een welkome aflossing op al dat Shepperd en McKay gerotzooi, dat begint me echt de keel uit te hangen. Hele afleveringen of hun stomme spelletje en dit en dat, bah.
captain crash
Administrator
Administrator
Contacteer:

Oh daar heb je wel weer gelijk in, maar ik vond Weir dus niet echt een oplossing. Ze was toch niet echt een sterk karakter, zeker niet vergeleken met die andere twee.
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

dat komt imo ook omdat ze daar de kans nooit echt voor heeft gehad, in 3 seizoenen heeft ze 3 eps gehad die wat meer om haar karakter draaiden en om eerlijk te zijn vond ik dat allemaal erg goede eps, before I sleep vind ik miss wel de beste van seizoen 1.

Weir is altijd erg op de achtergrond gebleven, bijna elke ep gaat het over rodney en shepperd, dan doen ze dit weer en dan dit, maar het draait altijd om hun.

Weir, Teyla, Ronon (bij hem maakt het me overigens niet uit) worden allemaal naar achteren gedrukt en krijgen geen eens kans om te ontwikkelen omdat alle tijd naar die andere 2 gaat. Teyla was een leuk karakter en in seizoen 1 vond ik haar erg interesant maar hierna is ze er alleen nog maar, van oh ja teyla is er ook nog die moet ook maar even in beeld en een paar zinnen zeggen.

Dat vind ik dus erg jammer en dan vooral van Weir.
Miriam
Admiral
Admiral

Bericht door Miriam »

SG-a heeft me nooit kunnen intreseren eigenlijk het leek te veel op SG1 maar dan slechter. Dat ze er nog niet mee stoppen verbaast me
captain crash
Administrator
Administrator
Contacteer:

Daar heb je helemaal gelijk in TC en nu begrijp je misschien de kritiek van velen op de overkill Janeway, Seven en Dokter in de latere seizoen van Voy ook. Feit is, hoe het ook ontstaan is, dat Weir nu niets meer bijdraagt aan de serie en dus netzo goed kan verdwijnen. Het is alleen jammer dat er SG1 karakters voor terug komen...waarom schaf je SG1 dan af?
CmdrCrichton
Captain
Captain

Dat deden de makers niet, maar de zender.
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Met de doctor ben ik het ook helemaal met je eens bij voyager :)
en zowiezo is het logisch dat janeway veel tijd krijgt, ze is de captain, en ik vond die tijd overigens erg meevallen die ze kreeg.

maar met sga vind ik het ook zo stom dat die 2 lui van sg1 sga nu overnemen(had ik gelezen), dat hadden ze gewoon niet moeten doen, en Weir gaat er waarschijnlijk uit omdat Carter er in kwam. (ook gelezen, weet niet of het waar is) maar Carter zal wel te duur zijn om dan voor de rest iedereen te houden ]:(
captain crash
Administrator
Administrator
Contacteer:

Veel aandacht voor Janeway was onzinng in de latere seizoenen van Voy en had niets met haar rol van captain te maken. Die eps hadden ze dus netzo goed aan karakters met minder screentime kunnen geven.

Ik weet ook niet wat waar is van de roddels, ik weet ook niet of Carter daadwerkelijk zo duur is, feit is dat er veranderingen in SGA gaan komen die het concept van de serie, zover daar nog wat van over is, niet ten goede komen.
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

sinds seizoen 2 is het een slechte serie, zo goed als geen verhaal, ze maken geen gebruik van de dingen van atlantis maar gaan planeetjes opzoeken.

het is goed als er dingen veranderen, maar als dat goed wil gaan gebeuren moet er dus iets veranderen wat nu slecht is en dat is imo niet Weir maar teveel Shepperd en McKay.
captain crash
Administrator
Administrator
Contacteer:

Vooral teveel Shappard dan, McKay vind ik tot op heden niet storend (ook al ben ik voor Zalenka).
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

ja daar heb je gelijk in, maar al gaat het om de één dan duurt het niet lang voor de ander er is.

Ik heb Shepperd nooit echt gemogen vanaf het begin, maar nu heb ik al bijna geen eens zin meer om sga te gaan kijken omdat het bijna altijd hetzelfde is. Er gebeurt iets, McKay en Shepperd bij elkaar, wat gekloot McKay moet wat doen, je ziet een heel klein beetje Weir, heel klein beetje Teyla een grommende Ronan en het is opgelost.
Raynor's Revenge
Contacteer:

Bericht door Raynor's Revenge »

captain crash schreef:Vooral teveel Shappard dan, McKay vind ik tot op heden niet storend (ook al ben ik voor Zalenka).
:cheer:
CmdrCrichton
Captain
Captain

Tactical_Cube schreef:ja daar heb je gelijk in, maar al gaat het om de één dan duurt het niet lang voor de ander er is.

Ik heb Shepperd nooit echt gemogen vanaf het begin, maar nu heb ik al bijna geen eens zin meer om sga te gaan kijken omdat het bijna altijd hetzelfde is. Er gebeurt iets, McKay en Shepperd bij elkaar, wat gekloot McKay moet wat doen, je ziet een heel klein beetje Weir, heel klein beetje Teyla een grommende Ronan en het is opgelost.
Ik vind het eigenlijk niet erg dat drie van de slechtste acteurs van de serie naar de achtergrond worden geschoven. Daarnaast vind ik de interacties tussen Sheppard en McKay nog steeds leuk, ondanks dat het nu oud begint te worden. Daarom ben ik ook voorstander van nieuw bloed, ook al komt die van SG-1, die wel kunnen acteren.

Edit: Ik ben het wel met je eens dat de verhalen veel te standaard zijn.
Trutgras
Captain
Captain

Bericht door Trutgras »

Dat ze karakters vervangen als kermis-eendjes is nog tot daaraan toe, maar dat ze uitgerekend Carter erin zetten is wel heel stom. Dat karakter is namelijk in de unieke positie om alle andere karakters in de weg te zitten. Ze heeft minstens zoveel militaire ervaring als Sheppard, en meer dan Teyla, wiens precieze rol in het geheel toch al vaag genoeg was om makkelijk opzij gedrukt te worden als vrouwtje, wat nu dus nog drie keer zo erg zal worden. Het is al canon dat ze slimmer is dan Rodney. Zelenka zal helemaal opzij worden geschoven omdat er met Carter erbij al genoeg mensen zijn die technobabble tegen elkaar kunnen praten. De enige die ze niet voor de voeten loopt is Ronon en dat is alleen maar omdat ze niet de neiging heeft om iedere willekeurige crisis op te lossen door de dichtstbijzijnde persoon een mes tegen zijn keel te zetten.
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The first hints at what is to come in the fourth season of Stargate Atlantis are here, courtesy of executive producer (and, with Paul Mullie, new show-runner) Joseph Mallozzi.

"I'm almost finished my rewrite of 'Reunion' and am, admittedly, a little worried," Mallozzi wrote at his blog. "While the script offers plenty of action, it is primarily a character-driven story. It'll be interesting to see what kind of notes we receive from the network.

"The other scripts are coming along nicely. Martin [Gero] kicks off Season Four with 'Adrift,' continuing the events of the visually stunning season-ender 'First Strike.' Carl [Binder]'s 'Lifeline,' the big op eppy, is next.

"'Reunion' will follow third and then -- well, we're still working that out. On the production schedule, Rob [Cooper] is first up with 'Doppelganger,' a.k.a. N.O.A.S., assuming both writing and directing duties on this one. Alan [McCullough]'s 'The Seer' script is being revised as we speak.

"And sometime soon, Monday I hear, Paul will have 'Travelers' ready, a gift for all those of the Shep-whumping persuasion."

And with that, GateWorld is excited to launch our Atlantis Season Four episode guide! Watch the new section for the latest news and spoilers about the 2007-2008 season.

New episodes of Stargate Atlantis resume April 6 on SCI FI, with the final ten episodes of Season Three.

(Thanks to sgeureka for the tip)
Trekscaper

Bericht door Trekscaper »

Seizoen 4 wordt pas in september uitgezonden in Amerika, in plaats van de gebruikelijke juli premiere.
Season Four to premiere this fall

Tuesday - February 20, 2007 | by Darren Sumner

Stargate Atlantis will return for its fourth season this fall in the U.S., SCI FI Channel announced today.

Stargate SG-1 co-star Amanda Tapping will join the cast of Atlantis in the show's fourth season, the network officially confirmed. Tapping will appear as Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter in 14 of Season Four's 20 episodes.

"Taking the torch from SG-1 as television's most thrilling adventure series, Atlantis, slated to begin production in Vancouver next month, promises to up the ante this season by introducing a powerful new race, welcoming new cast members and mourning the loss of some beloved friends," the network said in a press release.

"For ten seasons, Tapping starred on Stargate SG-1 as the intelligent and beautiful Samantha Carter. Her combination of Gate expertise, in-depth scientific knowledge and military training made her a critical member of SG-1. She will need to draw upon all these resources as she assumes her new role on Atlantis."

It is the first fall premiere ever for a Stargate series, which have debuted in the summertime every year for a decade. SCI FI began a new program of year-round originally programming in 2006, leading to the 3-month delay of the second half of the current season.

Jewel Staite (Firefly) also joins the cast in a recurring role, Atlantis chief medical officer Dr. Keller. Staite -- who played the Wraith girl Ellia in Season Two's "Instinct" -- will appear in the season finale and is currently on board for eight episodes in Season Four.

The network also announced a new start date of Friday, April 13 for new episodes of SG-1 and Atlantis (one week later than previously advertised). Ten episodes of each will round out the current season before Season Four premieres, following a summer break.

The two shows will lead into the series premiere of SCI FI's Painkiller Jane this spring.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/02/s ... _fal.shtml
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

waarom heb ik toch het gevoel dat carter de rol van weir overneemt ofzo....
Miriam
Admiral
Admiral

Bericht door Miriam »

Ach soms heb je dat in stargate was ze al onuitstaanbaar en nu dus ook in atlantis :lol2:
CmdrCrichton
Captain
Captain

The first info has arrived at GateWorld for "Travelers," an upcoming episode of Stargate Atlantis set to air early in the show's fourth season. The episode was written by executive producer Paul Mullie.

Watch out for spoilers in the report below!

Lt. Colonel John Sheppard is captured by a race the team has never before encountered, who live out their lives on board a generational ship. Their leader is a to-the-point woman named Larrin. Whereas most races settle on a planet -- doing whatever they can do avoid the Wraith -- Larrin's people have taken to space, living their entire lives on this generational ship to avoid their enemies. This ship is their home. But it's not only to avoid the Wraith, Larrin tells Sheppard -- after so many years, now it is simply who they are.

Over the past few years, her people have heard rumors of a new power in the galaxy, humans who are using Ancient technology to battle the Wraith -- the Atlantis expedition. They set up spy satellites around many worlds, and eventually discovered and captured Sheppard. Larrin is quite interested in the fact that John has the gene required to operate Lantean technology.

Commander Larrin's people are attempting to create an interface that will allow them to use the advanced Lantean technology, and require a sample of John's blood. But that is only the beginning: they have a Lantean battleship. The massive vessel has been dormant for thousands of years, and Larrin wants Colonel Sheppard to make it work.

Guest characters include Larrin, Silas (an officer on Larrin's ship), and Nevik (Larrin's chief science officer).

The exact airing order for "Travelers" is not yet known, though it will be fourth in production order. (It is currently believed that "Doppelganger" will air fourth.) Season Four of Atlantis is now filming, and will premiere on SCI FI Channel in the U.S. this fall.
Ik krijg deja vu gevoelens hierbij.
Trekscaper

Bericht door Trekscaper »

CmdrCrichton schreef:
The first info has arrived at GateWorld for "Travelers," an upcoming episode of Stargate Atlantis set to air early in the show's fourth season. The episode was written by executive producer Paul Mullie.

Watch out for spoilers in the report below!

Lt. Colonel John Sheppard is captured by a race the team has never before encountered, who live out their lives on board a generational ship. Their leader is a to-the-point woman named Larrin. Whereas most races settle on a planet -- doing whatever they can do avoid the Wraith -- Larrin's people have taken to space, living their entire lives on this generational ship to avoid their enemies. This ship is their home. But it's not only to avoid the Wraith, Larrin tells Sheppard -- after so many years, now it is simply who they are.

Over the past few years, her people have heard rumors of a new power in the galaxy, humans who are using Ancient technology to battle the Wraith -- the Atlantis expedition. They set up spy satellites around many worlds, and eventually discovered and captured Sheppard. Larrin is quite interested in the fact that John has the gene required to operate Lantean technology.

Commander Larrin's people are attempting to create an interface that will allow them to use the advanced Lantean technology, and require a sample of John's blood. But that is only the beginning: they have a Lantean battleship. The massive vessel has been dormant for thousands of years, and Larrin wants Colonel Sheppard to make it work.

Guest characters include Larrin, Silas (an officer on Larrin's ship), and Nevik (Larrin's chief science officer).

The exact airing order for "Travelers" is not yet known, though it will be fourth in production order. (It is currently believed that "Doppelganger" will air fourth.) Season Four of Atlantis is now filming, and will premiere on SCI FI Channel in the U.S. this fall.
Ik krijg deja vu gevoelens hierbij.
Ach, ze moeten nieuwe en geweldige schepen hebben die vervolgens weer op een spectaculaire manier worden opgeblazen :*) Vind niet erg, zolang ik me maar amuseer :)
enterprise E
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Contacteer:

Bericht door enterprise E »

Ze hadden beter daniel kunen laten komen. Dat is m'n favorite character van SG1. En die zou nog echt iets toevoegen ipv een extra wetenschapper
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

The city of Atlantis is visited by a man with extraordinary prophetic abilities, and who apparently has the ability to share these shocking visions with others. The gentle man is named Davos, and he is accompanied by a woman named Linara.
in the seeer van atlantis

damn ik heb al heel veel dingen gezien die ze uit sg1 halen dit seizoen

zo komt er een shepperd kloon net zoals bij jack en nu dus ook linara. Het wordt echt sg1 langzamerhand met de replicators en carter erbij. daarbij komt tealc nog langs....
EMH
Admiral
Admiral

Bericht door EMH »

Ik huiver nu al voor de 3de Stargate serie.
Blind Guardian
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind Guardian »

Kwamen in Season vier eigenlijk ook niet de Borg in voor ?
Plaats reactie