<Reviewtopic> 2.03 Minefield

Archer, T'Pol, Tucker... Neptune and back in six minutes.

Moderator: Trekscaper

Plaats reactie

Wat geef je Minefield?

Geen stemmen
11%
Geen stemmen
33%
33%
anders, namelijk...
22%

Totaal aantal stemmen: 9

!¿!Mats!¿!
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Contacteer:

<Reviewtopic> 2.03 Minefield

Bericht door !¿!Mats!¿! »

Production: 029
Season: 2 Episode: 3
DVD Disc: 1
Air Date: 10.02.2002
Mission Date: Unknown
Archer invites Reed to breakfast, hoping to become better acquainted with his armory officer. Reed, however, seems reluctant to discuss anything other than work. Just as Archer's getting frustrated, T'Pol alerts the captain that an uncharted system has been detected and one of the planets is Minshara-class. As Enterprise enters the planet's orbit, it is rocked by massive explosions, damaging sections of the ship and injuring several crewmembers, including Hoshi. Reed is able to discern that the ship has been hit by an alien orbital mine, which has attached itself to the hull. As the mine has the power to disable Enterprise, Reed suits up and heads out to defuse it. Uncertain that Reed will succeed in his task, Archer suggests an alternate plan to Trip — detach the section of hull plating surrounding the mine, allowing it to drift away. Trip notes that this will expose a good portion of the impulse manifold, but Archer tells him to get started on it anyway — the captain will consider the plan a last resort.
As Reed works, he suddenly becomes aware of a strange alien vessel de-cloaking nearby. The ship hails Enterprise, but the translator can't quite get a lock on the strange language, and Hoshi is out of commission in Sickbay. The aliens begin to fire warning shots at Enterprise, so Archer orders Mayweather to move them out of harm's way — slowly, so as not to injure Reed, still hard at work on the hull. Mayweather must also be careful not to collide with any of the other mines in the field.

Reed begins to make some headway in his efforts to disarm the mine, but just as he's making progress, the motion from Enterprise jostles the mine. A spike thrusts out of the mine and through Reed's leg, pinning him to the ship's hull. Hoping to disarm the mine and save his officer, Archer heads out to the hull. With Reed unable to reach the mine, Archer must depend on him for instructions to disable it. Reed thinks it's too dangerous, but Archer insists that he's a quick study.

Meanwhile, Hoshi is translating the mysterious alien language from Sickbay. The aliens have ordered Enterprise to leave immediately or be destroyed — they have annexed the planet in the name of "The Romulan Star Empire." Only T'Pol has heard of this species, and she reveals that they are an aggressive, territorial race. Archer orders Hoshi to compose a response explaining the crew's desperate circumstances.

Out on the hull, Archer works painstakingly to de-activate the mine. He also tries to engage Reed in casual conversation, but it doesn't seem to calm the armory officer's nerves. Rattled, Reed reveals that he doesn't believe socializing with superior officers has any place on a starship. Archer, however, points out that the crewmembers all have to depend on one another, and that Enterprise's mission is not a typical one. As they continue to talk, it becomes apparent that Reed is prepared to sacrifice himself for the ship. Archer, however, is determined to save both his officer and Enterprise.

On the bridge, the crew is being hailed yet again by the Romulans, who insist that Enterprise leave. The Romulans know that Reed is trapped outside, but demand that the ship jettison the section of hull plating. Complicating things even further, the mine re-arms just as Archer believes he's defused it — he is forced to quickly re-set it again. Reed ascertains that they will now have to dismantle the entire mine, but there's no time. Reed once again volunteers to sacrifice himself, even going so far as to disconnect his air supply hose. Archer, however, won't have it, and quickly attaches the auxiliary air hose from his own suit to Reed's.

Desperate, Archer comes up with one last-ditch plan, and requests two shuttlepod hatches and a plasma torch. Trip detaches the section of hull plating, and, as they drift away, Archer uses the torch to free Reed from the hull. As the mine begins to arm itself, Archer and Reed grab their shuttlepod hatches and launch themselves out of harm's way. The mine explodes. As the Romulans descend on Enterprise, Archer and Reed make it back to the ship just in time for T'Pol to order the ship to warp speed. As Enterprise makes a safe getaway, Archer and Reed are left to ponder their ordeal.
Cast:
Scott Bakula as Jonathan Archer
John Billingsley as Dr. Phlox
Jolene Blalock as T'Pol
Dominic Keating as Malcolm Reed
Anthony Montgomery as Travis Mayweather
Linda Park as Hoshi Sato
Connor Trinneer as Charles "Trip" Tucker III

Guest Cast:
Tim Glenn as Med Tech
Elizabeth Magness as Female Crewmember

Creative Staff:
Director: James A. Contner
Written By: John Shiban

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

bron: startrek.com
!¿!Mats!¿!
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Contacteer:

Bericht door !¿!Mats!¿! »

ook leuk om naar te kijken deze ep! :D

een ****!
3rd RemataKlan
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Bericht door 3rd RemataKlan »

!¿!Mats!¿! schreef:ook leuk om naar te kijken deze ep! :D

een ****!
Nee, dat is het echt niet.
Laatst gewijzigd door 3rd RemataKlan op 16 aug 2005, 21:13, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Miriam
Admiral
Admiral

Bericht door Miriam »

bah slechte waardelose aflevering eerst ferengi nu romulans

niemand had ze ooit gezien toch :?

kirk was de eerst :*)

Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Bericht door Tactical_Cube »

gezien hebben ze ze ook niet nee

** voor de moeite :P
WeyounsLastClone
Captain
Captain

Bericht door WeyounsLastClone »

Volgens mij heb ik deze enigszins uit m'n geheugen verbannen. Het enige wat ik me kan herinneren is dat Reed vastgepind zat aan het schip of zoiets.
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Bericht door Tactical_Cube »

uhu en toen was hij heel stoer
3rd RemataKlan
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Misschien kan iemand me uitleggen waarom dit alien ras zichzelf en haar planeten noemen naar Aardse termen terwijl het de Aarde helemaal niet kent.
Diana333
Ensign
Ensign
Contacteer:

Bericht door Diana333 »

Ik vond het helemaal niks.
The Snob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Snob »

Hoewel ik de aflevering goed vind (wat een verrassing.......), moet ik wel eerlijk bekennen dat dit een van de weinige ENT afleveringen is waarin ik het nogal losjes omgaan van de Trek-canon erg storend vind. Dat de Romulans worden geïntroduceerd in een ouderwetse Bird-Of-Prey en met name de manier waarop het eerste shot in beeld is gebracht, vind ik juist wél eer doen aan de omvangrijke continuïteit, maar wat de fuck doen ze met een cloacking devise..?? In 'The Enterprise Incident' wordt zó ronduit gezegd dat de Romulans dan pas de cloaking-technologie hebben ontdekt, waarom hebben ze het in vredesnaam nú al..? Praten we hier over een soort oer-cloaking device, dat Kirk & Co. niet als een écht cloaking devise rekenen..?? Is het geen écht cloaking devise, maar eenzelfde technisch snufje als in 'Babel One', 'United' en 'The Aenar'; eerder holografisch dan een echte cloak..?? Ik vind het een nogal slordige keuze, en dat uitgerekend ík dat zeg (dé ENT-fan bij uitstek) wil héél wat zeggen...

Naast de 5-vingerige Tellarite, en de irissen van de Gorn, is dit zeer zeker iets heel storends....
Miriam
Admiral
Admiral

Bericht door Miriam »

de bird of prey was 24th groen :{ en niet wit,rood achtig
3rd RemataKlan
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Plus Jem'Hadar warp nacelles.
The Snob
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Snob »

3rd RemataKlan schreef:Plus Jem'Hadar warp nacelles.
Precies. All in all, a major fuck-up... Vooral erg storend omdat het zóóóóóó gemakkelijk voorkomen had kunnen worden. Hetzelfde geldt voor de 5-vingerige Tellarite, of de irissen van de Gorn, hoewel ik geloof ik de enige ben in dit universum die zich over die laatste twee druk maakt... In het Andromeda-universum schijnt er nog iemand te zijn, maar hier ben ik de enige...
Plaats reactie