Bedank de BSG cast en crew

'If I Forget Thee, Oh Earth...'

Moderator: R2D2

Plaats reactie
Trekscaper

Bedank de BSG cast en crew

Bericht door Trekscaper »

So Say We All: A THANK YOU from the fans
Okay, everyone, here's the scoop. This is going to be kind of a long post, but I urge you to read the whole thing. You don't wanna miss out on this opportunity. And please note the deadline: Sunday, Jan. 25th

What's this all about?

I'm putting together a "Fan Appreciation PDF" -- a compilation of thank you letters written by all of YOU (and all BSG fans are welcome to participate - This isn't just limited to Battlestar Blog). Once I have everyone's submissions and the PDF's assembled, it'll be sent to all cast and crew members of Battlestar Galactica!

How is this possible, you ask? I've been speaking with someone at Universal who works directly with Ron Moore & Co. (it's the same person I worked with regarding my artwork in the Cast & Crew Book, so don't worry - they're legit), and they've generously offered to forward the PDF along to everyone involved. :)

So this is your chance to give your own personal thanks to the actors, directors, producers, writers, and everyone else who's helped bring our favorite show to life. (And, of course, the PDF will be available to all fans as well.)

How can I get involved?

All you have to do is send me an email. Write "BSG PDF" in the subject line -- do NOT send any attachments. If I see an attached file, I'll delete your entire email. If you need to show me artwork or a photo, upload it to your own site and give me a link to it.

Emails can be sent to grantgoboom@gmail.com.

Here's an example of what the format of your email should look like:
Subject Line: BSG PDF

Name: Joe Schmo
Other Info: Retail Clerk, Aspiring Author

Specific actor thank you notes:

Mary McDonnell – Laura has always been my favorite character, and I wanna thank you for bringing such depth and truth to the role. I wish you all the best in your future projects.

Tahmoh Penikett – You rock and thank you for being so nice to me at DragonCon!

General thank you note:

I would like to thank the cast and crew of BSG for all of their hard work over the years. The show has inspired me and kept me on the edge of my seat, and I’m really gonna miss it when it’s gone. Ron Moore and all you other frakkers, congrats on a job well done!

Here's a quick breakdown of each "section" of your email --

Name: You can give your first name, your full name, your online handle, LJ name - whatever you wanna be known as.

Location: You can be as vague or specific as ya like. I would suggest something simple like "Denver, CO" or "Spain." If you put something smart-ass like "Planet Earth," I probably won't include it.

Other Info: You can skip this part if you want, but if you want to say you're a student, or what you do for a living, or maybe if you run a BSG fan site, etc. This is where you can type a little more about yourself. Try to limit it to 10 words or less.

Specific actor thank you notes (and Bear McCreary): I'm going to have individual sections for the primary actors (Mary McDonnell, Jamie Bamber, etc.), as well as a shared section for the secondaries (Kandyse McClure, Michelle Forbes, etc.). So make a list of the actors that you want to specifically write letters to -- try to limit it to under 10 if you can -- and type it out like I have shown in the example above. Try to keep each note as short as possible - and don't just say something generic like "Good job!" Keep in mind that the actors will be reading these, so really say something that pertains to their role and feels personal. AND Bear McCreary fans: I want to do a section dedicated to him as well, so feel free to write a specific thank you note to him, too, if you want.

General thank you note: This will be your general thank you to the entire cast & crew. If Battlestar has touched your life in some way, this is the place to share your story. Ron Moore and everyone involved will be looking at these letters, so speak from your heart and let them know how thankful you are. I know it'll be tough for some of you to keep it short, but please try your best to keep it as brief as possible.

What's the deadline on this thing?

Send me your email BEFORE the end of the day on Sunday, Jan. 25th, 2009. Hopefully everyone won't wait until the last minute though... The sooner you can send it to me, the better. :)

What about fan art and photos?

We will have a fan art gallery, BUT we're going to keep it pretty small (probably 8 pieces at the most). If you have a piece of fan art you'd like to include, upload the image somewhere and send me a link to it (do not attach it!) and make sure it's 300 dpi/high resolution. Next weekend I'll show the various submitted pieces to my co-mods and several of my trusted & impartial peers and we'll vote on our favorites and those ones will be featured in the PDF. That seems to be the only fair way of doing it... In regards to photos (for example, if you have a photo of you and Katee Sackhoff that you'd like to share), go ahead and put a link to that in your email as well. I'm going to try and put together some sort of photo collage in the back, if we get enough photos for it. I'm just gonna play that one by ear.

Do we have to be careful about spoilers?

For this PDF, you can talk about anything that's happened up to the season 4.5 episode "A Disquiet Follows My Soul," which airs the 23rd on Sci Fi channel. I will put a disclaimer at the beginning of the PDF warning people that it may contain spoilers up to that episode.

And finally:

Keep in mind that I reserve the right to edit or censor wherever and whatever I see fit. It'll be my call what goes into this PDF, and what doesn't. Keep your notes short, keep them clean (well, at least PG-rated), and most of all - HAVE FUN.
http://community.livejournal.com/battle ... tml#cutid1

Ik heb het al gedaan en vind het een super idee van deze persoon om op deze manier de acteurs en de crew te kunnen bedanken. Maar nog eenmaal: deadline is zondag 25 januari!!!
Plaats reactie