Before Dishonour

Picard, Data, Riker... "The sky is the limit".

Moderator: Dark*staR

Plaats reactie
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Before Dishonour

Bericht door Tactical_Cube »

Stukje van nieuwe pocket van TNG
Misschien dat ik er weer eens een paar ga lezen
STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION
BEFORE DISHONOR
Peter David
"I don't know what to tell you, Captain, except that in my opinion, Seven of Nine is unstable."

The scowling face of Edward Jellico was looking back at Picard from the small viewscreen in his ready room.

"Unstable," Picard echoed. "Are you certain?"

"Captain, look at the facts." Jellico began ticking off the facts on his fingers. "She came to me with this wild belief of hers, that Janeway is in trouble. I checked with the Einstein, and spoke to the admiral. Everything is fine. But when I presented those indisputable facts to the professor and told her explicitly not to depart for the Borg cube, she went anyway! And eluded a Starfleet vessel in the process! I want you to keep her pilot in custody. I'm going to have him brought up on charges and get his license revoked."

"That would be problematic," Picard admitted, "since he has already departed. Nor is Seven of Nine willing to give us specifics as to who he was."

"Transponder tag.."

Picard shrugged. "Scrambled."

"You're not helping here, Captain."

"With all respect, Admiral, I was not endeavoring to help. Merely to ascertain information and determine my course of action."

"Your course of action is to send her back to Earth as quickly as humanly possible. You've no other course of action open to you." His voice dropped to a warning tone, "And Captain, you're already in deep enough trouble as it is thanks to the previous Borg incident. Admiral Janeway may have given you a free pass on that, but—"

"A free pass?" That surprised Picard. "Sir, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with what you're referring to."

"Oh. Right." Jellico looked mildly chagrined and then let out an exasperated sigh. "I hadn't had the opportunity to pass through the paperwork yet. Admiral Janeway has recommended clemency for you in regards to your egregious breach of Starfleet protocol. Personally, I'd just as soon throw the book at you, no offense."

"None taken," said Picard dryly.

"But it's procedure to defer to the wishes of the aggrieved party in these instances, particularly when she's a ranking officer. Personally, I've no idea why she let you off the hook…"

Because she was grateful that we quite possibly saved humanity?

"However, since she has, I suggest that you don't press your luck with a similar stunt. Return Seven of Nine to Earth immediately so that she can be put into our custody."

Picard thoughtfully scratched his chin. "Seven of Nine is not, last I checked, a member of Starfleet."

"That's true, but—"

He interrupted the admiral, which was a violation of protocol, but Picard didn't particularly care at the moment. "That being the case, I don't quite understand Starfleet's authority in this matter. She may teach at Starfleet Academy, but she does so in a civilian capacity. So on what basis can Starfleet determine where she goes?"

"When it comes to matters of the Borg and of Federation security, Starfleet's latitude is considerable. And may I remind you, Captain, that I am not obligated to explain this to you? I am doing so as a courtesy. You remember courtesy: it's the aspect of human interaction that you seem disinclined to extend to me." Before Picard could respond, Jellico continued, "Your obligation, on the other hand, is to obey orders. Kindly do not let Admiral Janeway's generosity in the other matter blind you to that simple fact. Get Professor Hansen—"

"She prefers 'Seven of Nine,' is my understanding."

"Just get her back here. And steer clear of the Borg cube. For all we know, the Borg may somehow be extending some sort of long-distance influence on her. If that's the case, we certainly don't want her anywhere near it."

"Are you suggesting," Picard asked, "that the Borg cube could still represent a threat? If that is the case, perhaps we should—"

"I'm suggesting, Captain, that we can't take any chances. And I'm suggesting that we terminate this conversation in the following manner: I say, 'Do you understand?' and you say, 'Aye, sir.' Do you understand?"

Picard's lips thinned nearly to nonexistence, but all he said was, "Aye, sir."

With a curt nod, Jellico's image vanished from the screen.

Sighing, Picard leaned back against his desk and muttered, "Merde."
Ronald42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Bericht door Ronald42 »

Lijkt me niet verkeerd maar zit net in DS9 - Twis of faith en die is best dik. :*D
SCC Dauntless
Commander
Commander
Contacteer:

Bericht door SCC Dauntless »

Lijkt me best leuk.

@Ronald42; twist of faith is prettig lezen omdat al die boeken bij elkaar gebonden zijn.
Ronald42
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Bericht door Ronald42 »

eerste 2 verhalen zijn uit jake zit in .............. en een of andere admiral is second van DS9 hmmmmm er zijn nog genoeg draadjes over.
Tactical_Cube
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Bericht door Tactical_Cube »

wie is second van ds9?
WeyounsLastClone
Captain
Captain

Bericht door WeyounsLastClone »

Als je de Borg-afleveringen uit Voyager leuk vind, dan moet je Before Dishonor gaan lezen.

Het ultieme fanboy-gedoe zeg maar. Het is meer een Spock/Seven of Nine verhaal, dan een TNG verhaal. Voeg daar een Q, en de Borg die bijna uitgeroeid waren, maar op een mysterieuze manier weer enorm bedreigend worden (met Admiral Janeway in een hoofdrol) aan toe en je hebt een redelijk ongeloofwaardig verhaal, dat wel lekker wegleest.
captain crash
Administrator
Administrator
Contacteer:

Bericht door captain crash »

Vond 't zelf uitermate matig en voorspelbaar..."fanboystijl" is idd het beste omschreven.
SCC Dauntless
Commander
Commander
Contacteer:

Bericht door SCC Dauntless »

heb hem zelf besteld voor de vakantie. Ik ben benieuwd.
Trutgras
Captain
Captain

Bericht door Trutgras »

Deja vu:

‘Dat lees je toch niet?’
‘Ik heb het ook nog niet gelezen.’
‘Dat ga je toch niet lezen?’
‘Ja, wel.’
‘Dat meen je niet!’
‘... hebbe Captain Jaaaaneway en haar bemanning deze ziekte meegenooome? Veele in Starfleeeet denke van weeeel.... Vooral Seven of Niiiiine krijgt de schuuuuld!’
captain crash
Administrator
Administrator
Contacteer:

Bericht door captain crash »

zo ongeveer jah...en als je Star Trek boeken wil lezen in je vakantie Kevin dan zijn er betere, zowel over TNG als over VOY.
Nemesis
Admiral
Admiral
Contacteer:

Bericht door Nemesis »

Trutgras schreef:Deja vu:

‘Dat lees je toch niet?’
‘Ik heb het ook nog niet gelezen.’
‘Dat ga je toch niet lezen?’
‘Ja, wel.’
‘Dat meen je niet!’
‘... hebbe Captain Jaaaaneway en haar bemanning deze ziekte meegenooome? Veele in Starfleeeet denke van weeeel.... Vooral Seven of Niiiiine krijgt de schuuuuld!’
je gaat me toch niet zeggen dat je dat uit je hoofd kent he ;)
Trutgras
Captain
Captain

Bericht door Trutgras »

Zo'n diepe indruk maakte het nu eenmaal ;) .
Nemesis
Admiral
Admiral
Contacteer:

Bericht door Nemesis »

OMG :O ;)
Plaats reactie