I met the EMH!

Janeway, Chakotay, Seven of Nine... eenzaam in het delta kwadrant.

Moderator: HorckDude

batlh
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Contacteer:

I met the EMH!

Bericht door batlh »

het spijt mij - mijn Nederlands is maar niet zo goed....
hence I must post in English

Yesterday there was a 1-man convention in Deggendorf, Germany, with Robert Picardo aka Voyager's MHN/EMH.

Mr Picardo was awfully nice and friendly. Very down-to-earth and refreshingly normal. No airs and graces at all, like so many of his colleagues.

Confessing to the audience that he's a big fan of German mustard immediately broke the ice. Within just a few minutes he had managed to create a relaxed and almost intimate atmosphere. The fact that this was truely a mini-convention with only about 100 fans from all over Germany might have added to this.
One of the many highlights of this evening was his version of the evergreen "I got you, babe" (big hit in the 70ies by Sonny and Cher) which he did with Heidi, one of his fans. His version is titled "I had you, baby" and is the musical quarrel of a freshly divorced couple of American celebrities. It's absoultely hilarious!

Of course there was the usual question and answer section and a little bit of gossip about his VOY crewmates. But I won't tell you anything about that - you have to meet Mr Picardo yourself and ask him - he can tell you in a much funnier and more interesting way.

Since there were so few people, everyone got a chance to get their picture taken with Mr Picardo. One could see that it was very straining for him. After all he had only just arrived from Italy and must have been terribly tired, but he wouldn't disappoint his fans and even took the time to chat a little with them while the photographer got everything ready for the next shot.
Apparently, the good mood infected even the photographer for at the end of the session he, too, asked for a photo of himself with Mr Picardo as did all the newspaper reporters and even the team of the local TV station.

After the photo session Mr Picardo signed photos and CDs which he sold at a remarkably moderate fee (25€ per item, 40€ for 2 - that's approx. $30 / $50).

Finally, after he had taken a short break to refresh himself, he even found the energy to join us in the bar for a private chat. The fans were so decent as to not take photographs of him there, so that he could relax a little bit. He retired early but nobody would have dreamt of complaining. Though he's an excellent actor, it was obvious that he was very exhausted. So the party ended early and we all went home as to not disturb his sleep.

PS: It was not Mr Picardo's fault that so few fans attended the convention - the hotel simply doesn't offer more space. On the positive side that means an incredibly intimate atmosphere and a very personal contact to the celebrities. I can wholeheartedly recommend the cons in Deggendorf to any fan.
(If you're a Enterprise fan, come and meet Anthony Montgomery on Nov. 10th. You'll never again get that close to a Star Trek actor - unless you happen to be a camera man in Hollywood ;) )

Deggendorf is in Southern Germany, in Bavaria, where Autobahn A3 and A92 meet. About 100 km north of Munich.

[edited to replace MHN with EMH - was so excited to have met Mr Picardo that I didn't think of using the English form]
Laatst gewijzigd door batlh op 12 okt 2007, 20:00, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Henry86
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henry86 »

Je Nederlands is inderdaad niet zo goed. Zelfs dat ene zinnetje komt duidelijk uit een vertaalmachine, jij ordinaire spammer.
.:Admiral-Janeway:.
Captain
Captain

Bericht door .:Admiral-Janeway:. »

En dat in het voy forum :nothanks:
EMH
Admiral
Admiral

Bericht door EMH »

Ja straks wordt Tactical_Janeway boos. :nothanks:
koent
Commander
Commander

Bericht door koent »

EMH schreef:Ja straks wordt Tactical_Janeway boos. :nothanks:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: WHAHAHAHAHAAHAH :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*ahem* :lachhuil:

ik vin t wel cool hoor :*)
Henry86
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henry86 »

Jij niet dan? Je naam is verbasterd tot.... MHN. :?
GPS
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Bericht door GPS »

Henry86 schreef:
Medical Hollow Nerd :?
.:Admiral-Janeway:.
Captain
Captain

Bericht door .:Admiral-Janeway:. »

GPS schreef:
Henry86 schreef:
Medical Hollow Nerd :?
Neuh die Duitsers kennen het niet anders omdat ze daar alles vertalen :lachhuil:
EMH
Admiral
Admiral

Bericht door EMH »

tssk, mij naar het Moffrikaans vertalen. :nothanks:
batlh
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Contacteer:

Bericht door batlh »

Henry86 schreef:Je Nederlands is inderdaad niet zo goed. Zelfs dat ene zinnetje komt duidelijk uit een vertaalmachine, jij ordinaire spammer.
Ik ben geen spammer, maar jij bent een kinkel :-(
Inderdaad ben ik een gebruiker van diet board een langere tijd dan je (meer dan 5 jaaren) :*)

Sorry, I better continue in English as I am too angry to fight my way through the finesses of Dutch grammar.

Quite a few people from this board know me: Doom'er, Ghost, Mr Vulcan or Nebulaguy to name only a few. And Captain Crash of course.
And no, I am not using a translating programme but Langenscheidt's dictionary German/Nederlands.
Instead of insulting me, you should respect the fact that someone from abroad tries to learn your language single-handedly, with only the help of a dictionary and everyone's posts here. It'd be quite entertaining for the other board members and myself to see you try and write in German, I'm sure. And calling someone a spammer without even performing a search for this person's posts is foolish - to put it mildly.

I thought my post about me meeting Mr Picardo would be interesting for those who never had a chance to meet him or who are planning to meet him one day.
And I posted the info about the November convention because I thought maybe some members of this board would like to come here and it'd be nice to meet them IRL. (And if someone couldn't afford a hotel, I'd have offered my spare room).

Thanks a lot, indeed, for being such wonderful examples of Star Trek's ideals of tolerance and fairness. :-(
Laatst gewijzigd door batlh op 12 okt 2007, 20:09, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Master Vanhu Botie
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Bericht door Master Vanhu Botie »

Ja, Henry, dat was niet liev van je. En cc vraagt nochtans zo liev om newbies niet meteen uit te kakken. Tss, tss toch, stoute jongen Afbeelding
batlh
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Contacteer:

Bericht door batlh »

LOL naaaah, is niet zo erg. En ik ben ja geen newbie :)
Maar dankjewel omdat je mij hulp verlent :love:

_______

and to resolve the confusion about the abbreviations:
MHN = medizinisch-holographisches Notfallprogramm = medisch holografisch program in het geval van nood = emergency medical hologram = EMH

See? A German MHN is a Dutch MHN as well ;)
GPS
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Bericht door GPS »

batlh schreef:.........to resolve the confusion about the abbreviations:
MHN = medizinisch-holographisches Notfallprogramm = medisch holografisch program in het geval van nood = emergency medical hologram = EMH

Zou eerder spreken van Hollografische Artsen Programma (HAP) of Hollografisch Nood Programma (HNP)
BTW, onze EMH is een gewoon noodgeval. :+
batlh
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Contacteer:

Bericht door batlh »

aaah! I stand corrected. Cool, now I know a few words that aren't in my dictionary.
bedankt! Afbeelding
EMH
Admiral
Admiral

Bericht door EMH »

GPS schreef:
batlh schreef:.........to resolve the confusion about the abbreviations:

Zou eerder spreken van Hollografische Artsen Programma (HAP) of Hollografisch Nood Programma (HNP)
BTW, onze EMH is een gewoon noodgeval. :+
Deze GPS is ook niet wat het moet wezen hoor. Stuurt je alleen maar van de regen in de drup. :+
batlh
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Contacteer:

Bericht door batlh »

dat problem hebt jij met iederen GPS ;) Mijn Vaders GPS zegt hem altijd dat hij midden op de brugg rechtsaf zull stuuren |:(
Blind Guardian
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind Guardian »

batlh schreef:dat problem hebt jij met iederen GPS ;) Mijn Vaders GPS zegt hem altijd dat hij midden op de brugg rechtsaf zull stuuren |:(
Nou in dit geval, is GPS = grote pappa smurf, aangezien GPS een Smurfen Fetish heeft
batlh
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Contacteer:

Bericht door batlh »

oic! Maar heel beter pappa smurf dan Vader Abraham Afbeelding
koent
Commander
Commander

Bericht door koent »

passen jullie door een waterkraan... :music:
Dawn
Commander
Commander
Contacteer:

Bericht door Dawn »

Wat gaaf! mr_Vulcan en ik hebben Robert Picardo ook ontmoet. Hij heeft nog een handtekening van hem gescoord en we zijn met 'm op de foto gegaan. (helaas was dit op screenheroes :-( Zo'n kleinschalige conventie was misschien wel beter geweest.)
Blind Guardian
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Contacteer:

Bob Picardo is een aardige en charismatische man, alleen jammer dat hij in Nederland op de verkeerde conventie is terecht gekomen, op Utopia zo hij beter tot zijn recht komen. :)
Dawn
Commander
Commander
Contacteer:

Bericht door Dawn »

:yes:
EMH
Admiral
Admiral

Bericht door EMH »

Ik heb m ook op Screenheroes ontmoet en hem een handtekening op m'n Stargate DVD box laten zetten. :*)
batlh
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Contacteer:

Bericht door batlh »

argh! I made such a long Dutch post and then my browser froze and it's all gone ;(
Please forgive me being so lazy, but I'm faster in English:

Mr Picardo said that he and his fellow VOY stars meet every month in a pub or a restaurant. (2 weeks ago, on their last meeting, they visited Jeri Ryan in the restaurant she bought for her brandnew husband :) ). The mini-convention here in Deggendorf was very exhausting for him but I think he will nevertheless recommend it to his colleagues on their next meeting. So chances are good that we get more Voyager stars here.
Geographically, Deggendorf is pretty far away from the NL, but it is directly at the Autobahn (autosnelweg) and so it is only about 7 hours from Amsterdam and maybe 6 from Hengelo. By train it is about 7 hours from Hengelo.
So it's perhaps a good chance for you to meet your favourite actor almost in private. Deggendorf is a tiny town and so the hotels have reasonable prices. And if you are totally broke, I can offer a comfortable sofa (and I am a good cook :) ).
Laatst gewijzigd door batlh op 13 okt 2007, 19:57, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Blind Guardian
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Contacteer:

hehe; ik denk dat iedereen in nederland wel weet wat een Autobahn is :+
batlh
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Contacteer:

Bericht door batlh »

IC. So Germans are unpopular in NL but our roads aren't :*)
Blind Guardian
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Contacteer:

batlh schreef:IC. So Germans are unpopular in NL but our roads aren't :*)
Before the carspeed limits i don't think so, trough many parts (specially round cities) have a limit for 120/130 km/h now a days
batlh
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
Contacteer:

Bericht door batlh »

not here in Eastern Bavaria. But that's perhaps because there are so many potholes and cracks in the roads. I scarcely drive faster than 160.
Blind Guardian
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Contacteer:

batlh schreef:not here in Eastern Bavaria. But that's perhaps because there are so many potholes and cracks in the roads. I scarcely drive faster than 160.
I think my car will blow up i'f i go 160 with it :lachhuil:
Vis

Bericht door Vis »

Blind Guardian schreef:
batlh schreef:not here in Eastern Bavaria. But that's perhaps because there are so many potholes and cracks in the roads. I scarcely drive faster than 160.
I think my car will blow up i'f i go 160 with it :lachhuil:
Dat kunnen ze mooi bij Top Gear doen :9~
Plaats reactie